Ongoing engagement throughout implementation
Development of the Cradle-to-Career Data System, CA’s first longitudinal data system, is underway – and it is imperative that stakeholders and advocates remain engaged throughout implementation.
- 2021-22 State Budget includes $18 million to build the data system.
- SB 132 (Postsecondary budget trailer bill) establishes the data system, Governing Board, managing entity, Data and Tools Advisory Board, and Community Engagement Advisory Board.
The next step is the selection of the Governing Board, which will be made up of 21 members, including 8 public members. The public members of the Board will be appointed by the Legislature and Governor. The Governing Board will be responsible for appointing members to serve on two advisory boards – the Data and Tools Advisory Board and the Community Engagement Advisory Board.
Once the Governing and advisory boards are established, stay engaged by participating in their meetings and providing public comment.
- Share ready-to-go messaging and graphics to raise awareness of the data system via social media platforms, newsletters, and blogs.
- Uplift articles and reports explaining the importance of the data system, such as:
- Calmatters – Data System will help chart a pathway to educational success
- PPIC – Building California’s Cradle-to-Career Data System
- CA Competes – The Cradle-to-Career Data System Governance Options, Explained
- LAO – The 2021-22 Budget: “Cradle to Career” Data System
- CA EDGE – Education-to-Employment Data for California’s Industry
Stay Up To Date